Skip to main content

The Paper Love Affair Begins...

Apparently, I nearly died as a child from chicken pox. Just started school was bedridden for six weeks. I don't remember much of that. But I DO remember I was in Mum & Dads bed (don't know where they slept) and I DO remember Dad coming in with a small newsprint jotter, a roll of sellotape, scissors and a pen.

He thought I needed something to do and I wasn't very impressed. Should he show me how to make something? How about a bag? Yeah right.

(1) Fold the bottom bit up. Put tape on the sides to hold it together. (2) Chop off the top corners. (3) Now fold that top bit down. (4) Chop off a long bit of paper.


I was pretty interested by now.




(5) Tape the ends to the bag. (6) He drew a flower on it. I was amazed. Now you've got a purse like Mum's. No you haven't. He put five cents in it. NOW you've got a purse like Mum's, hers has money in it.

Gave me a kiss and went to work.

Therein began my love affair with paper. This simple thing... Thanks Dad xxx...


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Zombie-ness for Halloween

Been busy getting printables ready for Halloween. I had a lot of fun with the zombie stuff. Click on the pics to go see or get 'em: Draw Halloween Zombies step by step Zombies to Colour and Cutouts   Ideas on how to colour the Zombies - you get a colouring page to try with, the coloured page as shown and some other coloured ones for posters or to cut out to use in your Halloween crafting. You could plaster them over books or walls. Halloween Coffins and Zombie Dollies It was fun working this out. Paper pattern provided and decorating suggestions. The perfect place for your Zombies to stay in. :)
I am here now .... MinaMaries xxx...

Skeletal Type Halloween Printables

Funky up your Halloween with wild coloured stationery, posters, flags and skeleton template for this seasons craft activities. Lined Skull and Floral Halloween Stationery Frontview Skull Posters Skull Flags Sideview Skull Posters Halloween Skeleton Template :)